Wednesday 31 July 2019

What the Game Boy Means to Me, 30 Years Later

In 1992, my grandmother, my cousin and I were in a mall someplace in Bromley, Kent, England. At eight years old I was developing a burgeoning appreciation for visiting the mall with my grandmother; as a New Zealander who visited her in the UK once a year, she had a tendency to spoil me. During this particular mall visit, my cousin told her he wanted a Game Boy, Nintendo’s handheld console that had been released in Europe a couple of years prior. I didn’t know what a “Game Boy” was at that time, but I knew that if my cousin wanted one, then I wanted one too.

The Game Boy, an innocuous purchase for a kid who only really wanted one out of FOMO, changed my life.

Continue reading…



from IGN Video Games http://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/31/what-the-game-boy-means-to-me-30-years-later
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment