Monday 16 December 2019

Journey to the Savage Planet Is an Experiment in Weird Game Science

I made a promise to myself: that I would try never to hurt a Pufferbird, the orb-ish, squeaking fowl that cover the Savage Planet. Their huge eyes and meek personalities were just too lovely for me to countenance the idea of harming them. On top of that, creative director, Alex Hutchinson (Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed) had told me that almost every puzzle in his game could be solved without violence. So, I decided, I will skirt round their flocks, trying to explore this planet - their planet - as delicately and respectfully as I could.

20 minutes later, I punted a Pufferbird into a bit of newly discovered fauna that acts like a meat grinder, just to see what would happen.

Continue reading…



from IGN Video Games http://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/16/journey-to-the-savage-planet-is-an-experiment-in-weird-game-science-hands-on-preview
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment