Thursday 29 November 2018

Underworld Ascendant Review

I had finally done it. After several hours of navigating bugs and glitches, surviving enemies whose AI seemed to ping-pong between omniscient and ludicrously stupid, and maze-like level design, I had reached the end of an area of Underworld Ascendant that had given me considerable trouble. I actually paused, allowed myself to feel that relief and euphoria one gets when they never have to look at something terrible again. The portal to the exit was before me. I stepped forward.

...And fell through the floor, as the geometry of the Stygian Abyss decided arbitrarily to render itself ethereal. The Ascendant, Underworld’s protagonist, plummeted into some sort of netherscape that forced a reset to escape, and, thanks to Underworld Ascendant’s ludicrous save system, all progress in the level in question was lost. An entire night spent meticulously poking around, exploring, fighting, and sneaking was rendered moot by something beyond my control.

Continue reading…



from IGN Video Games http://bit.ly/2P98rqg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment